South Texas Layered Dip
A classic appetizer the Layered Dip, great for get together, football games, or parties.
Servings 10 people
- 15 oz refried beans can be canned or made from scratch.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning i.e. taco bell taco seasoning
- 8 oz picante sauce
- 4 whole ripe avocadoes mashed
- 2 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 bunch green onions sliced with tops
- 8 oz cheddar cheese grated
- 4 oz can ripe olives pitted and sliced
- 2 bags tortilla chips enough for your guests
- Spread refried beans on bottom of casserole dish
- Mix sour cream and taco seasoning
- Spread on top of beans
- Spread picante sauce
- mix avocadoes with lemon or lime juice and spread over picante sauce
- layer tomatoes, onions, cheese, and olives.
- Cover, chill and serve with chips.