This is a delicious hot sauce and the secret to its taste is in the fresh jalapenos! Enjoy!
Servings 2 Cups
- 1 10 oz can Tomatoe Puree
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh jalapeno peppers with seeds
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp dried minced garlic
- Combine all the ingredients with 1-1/3 cups of water in a pan over medium heat
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until thick.
- When cool, place in a covered container and refrigerate overnight.
Serve as a chip dip, taco sauce, or table sauce, or heat in a saucepan and use as a substitute for Spanish sauce or ranchero sauce.