Queso Flameado (Flamed Cheese)
Great appetizer recipe for parties, rich and gooey. Use a variety of cheeses for a delicious taste.
Servings 6 people
- ¼ lb Mexican chorizo (Mexican sausage) casing removed
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 ea tomatoes diced
- ⅓ cup picante sauce
- 4 cups shredded queso asadero or monterrey cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Crumble sausage and brown in small skillet
- remove to paper towels with slotted spoon.
- drain all but 1 teaspoon of the drippings
- add onions and cook until tender
- Return sausage
- add tomatoes and picante sauce.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated.
- in casserole dish, arrange half of the cheese.
- Top with sausage mixture and cover with remaining cheese.
- Beke about 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with warm tortillas or tortilla chips.
- One minced garlic clove may be added along with onion