Pollo a la Naranja - Orange Chicken
Pollo a la Naranja - Orange Chicken - This chicken recipe will leave you fascinated. It has a perfect balance of sweetness and a touch of acid.
- 4 lb broiler chicken, cut into pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 3 tbsp salad oil
- 2 each whole cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- ⅛ tsp saffron (optional)
- 2 tbsp seedless raisins (optional)
- 1 tbsp capers
- ½ cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 3 ea Valencia oranges, peeled and sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cloves.
- In a large skillet brown the chicken in oil over moderately high heat.
- Add garlic and onion
- continue cooking until chicken is brown but not crusted.
- Add orange juice, water, saffron, raisins, and capers.
- Cover and cook over low heat until chicken is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Add almonds 5 minutes before serving.
- remove garlic. Decorate with orange slices.