Migas con Huevo or Migajas
Migas is a meatless main dish made by frying torn up tortillas with eggs. They can be served for breakfast or lunch. can be served with refried beans and tortillas.
Servings 2 Servings
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Dime Sized Tortilla Pieces Can use crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 2/3 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1 ea Jalapeno Chile Stemmed, Seeded, and Chopped
- 2 ea Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the tortilla chips until slightly crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, and chile, cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the eggs and mix with a spatula, scraping up the eggs as they cook
- When the eggs are partially set, add the cheddar and cover.
- Toss a few more times until the cheese melts and serve