El Chico's Chorizo
According to Robb Walsh, this recipe is adapted from a cookbook published by El Chico restaurants in the 1970s. growing up this was something too good to pass up. This recipe, to me, is best a bit heavy on the fatty side. The flavors are amazing, of course, if you prefer you can choose leaner pork.
- 1/2 lb Pork Chops Cut into 4 or 5 pieces
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Combine all the ingredients except the oil and onion in a food processor until coarsely ground, about 20 seconds.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the chopped onion.
- Add the chorizo mixture and brown for 5 minutes or desired doneness.